- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 85g/3 oz. butter
- 230 g/8 oz. self-rising flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 85 g/3 oz. brown sugar
- 140 ml/1 gill milk
- 3 egg whites
- 3 large bananas (mashed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cream the butter and sugar, beat egg yolks for five minutes and add to the butter mixture.
- Add milk, baking powder and flour.
- Stir well and add the mashed bananas.
- Beat egg whites stiffly and fold in.
- Divide evenly over a rectangular baking tin.
- Bake at 180 °C (350 °F)/regulo 3, for 1 hour and serve cold, sliced and spread with a little butter.
- Serve cold.
- Variations: add teaspoon of cinnamon or cocoa.
NotesI once found this recipe online (can't remember where), but then I edited it a little bit to make it more 'me'. Anyhoo, this banana loaf is easy to make, and works very well with tea or just as a not too sweet snack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More