- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 85g/3 oz. butter
- 230 g/8 oz. self-rising flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 85 g/3 oz. brown sugar
- 140 ml/1 gill milk
- 3 egg whites
- 3 large bananas (mashed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cream the butter and sugar, beat egg yolks for five minutes and add to the butter mixture.
- Add milk, baking powder and flour.
- Stir well and add the mashed bananas.
- Beat egg whites stiffly and fold in.
- Divide evenly over a rectangular baking tin.
- Bake at 180 °C (350 °F)/regulo 3, for 1 hour and serve cold, sliced and spread with a little butter.
- Serve cold.
- Variations: add teaspoon of cinnamon or cocoa.
NotesI once found this recipe online (can't remember where), but then I edited it a little bit to make it more 'me'. Anyhoo, this banana loaf is easy to make, and works very well with tea or just as a not too sweet snack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More