- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 3/4 cups Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp each baking soda & baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Grated Fresh Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Mashed Ripe Bananas (2 to 3)
- 1 medium Ripe Mango, fruit cut off and peeled
- 2 cups Pecans or Walnuts
- Use food processor to combine the butter, oil, sugar, eggs, bananas and mango until smooth or minimally lumpy - your preference.
- Add flour to bowl and and process while adding salt, baking soda & baking powder and cinnamon through top of processor, then pulse until well combined, but don't over process.
- Add nuts and pulse 4 or 5 times to chop nuts and combine with batter.
- Pour batter into 2 greased 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Note: a toothpick inserted in the center will still test somewhat moist.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove from loaf pans and let cool on racks, then keep covered to keep moist.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More