- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryRecipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
See this recipe on air Thursday Sep. 27 at 1:30 PM ET/PT.
Show: Everyday Italian
Episode: Everyday Desserts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and coarsely mashed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl to blend. Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the banana. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake the muffins on the middle rack until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs attached, about 25 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool slightly. The muffins may be eaten warm or cooled completely and frosted.
- To frost the cupcakes: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the mascarpone cheese and then beat in the honey. Spread the frosting over the muffins. Sprinkle with the walnuts.