- Cooking Time: 60min
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 20min
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 lg. eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place oven rack in lowest positon. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 inches, or 1 loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3 inches. I like to use the mini aluminum pans and it will require 4 of them, these are great for Friends & Co-Workers.
- # 1 Mix sugar & margarine in large bowl.
- # 2 Stir in eggs until well blended.
- # 3 Add bananas, buttermilk, & vanilla. Beat untill smooth.
- # 4 Stir in remaining ingrediants except nuts & oil just until moistened.
- # 5 Fold in nuts & oil. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaves about 1 1/2 hour, mini alunimum pans 45 minutes to 1 hour or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans: remove from pans.
NotesThis recipe is from my cousin Martin. It is sooo good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More