- Cooking Time: 65-76
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening (mom-mom uses butter flavored Crisco)
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2-1 cup walnuts (chopped) (can also use craisins or raisins)
- In food processor mash bananas. Add sugar, mix, add eggs and shortening.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture.
- Add nuts, etc.
- Pour into 9x5" loaf ban (grease bottom only)
- Bake 350 degrees 65-76 minutes.
- Do toothpick test in center.
NotesMy mom-mom knows to make me this whenever I am visiting; its my favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More