- Cooking Time: 65-76
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening (mom-mom uses butter flavored Crisco)
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2-1 cup walnuts (chopped) (can also use craisins or raisins)
- In food processor mash bananas. Add sugar, mix, add eggs and shortening.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture.
- Add nuts, etc.
- Pour into 9x5" loaf ban (grease bottom only)
- Bake 350 degrees 65-76 minutes.
- Do toothpick test in center.
NotesMy mom-mom knows to make me this whenever I am visiting; its my favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More