- Cooking Time: 65 to 70
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup softend butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup mashed overly ripened, brown bananas (do NOT use yellow bananas, the bread will taste like cardboard!!!!)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Grease bottom of loaf pan (2 8x4 or 1 9x5) and line with Reynolds Parchment Paper for easy removal and quick clean up.
- Mix butter, sugars and egg until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, beat 30 seconds.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 65-70 minutes.
NotesA timeless recipe that everyone enjoys. There are so many recipes out there for this one, but I like this one and so does my family and friends. I looked at a couple of recipes and combined what I like about them both. Sometimes I pour the batter into those mini muffin pans (doesn't take as long to cook) and you get these great little bite sized muffin - breads.....top it with butter or cream cheese....yuuuum
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More