- Cooking Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryClassic banana nut bread, straight from my grandma's kitchen!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 medium bananas, soft and ripe and mashed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable (or canola) oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8×4-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl), combine the bananas, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla; mix well on medium speed (or use a whisk to thoroughly combine). Add the flour mixture and mix on low (or use a whisk to combine) until completely blended. Stir in the walnuts.
- 3. Divide the mixture into the two loaf pans. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. If the loaves begin to get too dark before they are done in the middle, cover with foil.
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More