- Cooking Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 medium bananas, soft and ripe and mashed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable (or canola) oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8×4-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl), combine the bananas, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla; mix well on medium speed (or use a whisk to thoroughly combine). Add the flour mixture and mix on low (or use a whisk to combine) until completely blended. Stir in the walnuts.
- 3. Divide the mixture into the two loaf pans. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. If the loaves begin to get too dark before they are done in the middle, cover with foil.
NotesClassic banana nut bread, straight from my grandma's kitchen!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Vegan Eats!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More