- Cooking Time: 45-55min
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this in a magazine and plan on mixing it up this evening for father's day brunch tomorrow.
I made this and it is very delicious, but very rich. I did change it up just a little. I didn't mix my banana slices in. Instead I poured the brown sugar mixture in the bottom of the pan. (I also used more nuts.) Then I used an egg slicer and sliced the bananas laying them on top of that mixture and followed the recipe from there. I did invert it on a cookie sheet when it was finished and it made a very nice presentation. It was a hit with my family. I might try it sometime with a different fruit, maybe apple slices. It was very easy!!!!
- 1 1/2c packed brown sugar
- 1/2c butter
- 1/4c corn syrup
- 1/2c chopped walnuts
- 3 med bananas (sliced)
- 1 loaf firm unfrosted cinnamon
- bread (1lb)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Stir brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and walnuts until smooth.
- Gently stir in bananas
- Spread mixture in dish.
- Lay two layers of bread on top. Tear if needed to fit.
- Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour beaten mixture over bread.
- Tightly cover and refridgerate at least 1hour, but no more than 24hours.
- Uncover and bake at 325deg for 45-55min or until inserted knife comes out clean.