- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease 12 standard size muffin pans or use paper liners.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas until smooth.
- Mix together flour,salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Alternately with the buttermilk add the flour mixture to the egg mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla. Do NOT OVERMIX batter; it should be a little lumpy.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan; filling 2/3 full.
- Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 18 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Turn out to cool completely.
NotesI make these a lot, because I always have a few bananas left and I hate to throe them out when you can make something like these so quickly. They are a good breakfast treat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More