- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease 12 standard size muffin pans or use paper liners.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas until smooth.
- Mix together flour,salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Alternately with the buttermilk add the flour mixture to the egg mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla. Do NOT OVERMIX batter; it should be a little lumpy.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan; filling 2/3 full.
- Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 18 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Turn out to cool completely.
NotesI make these a lot, because I always have a few bananas left and I hate to throe them out when you can make something like these so quickly. They are a good breakfast treat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More