- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- nuts, optional (I use chopped walnuts)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- With a spoon, mix melted butter with the smashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Next add in the baking soda and salt and mix in unless you use self rising flour and then you can skip this step.
- Add the flour slowly, mixing well.
- Mix milk and nuts into batter.
- Pour mixture into cupcake paper liners, 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
NotesThis is the way we make Banana Nut Muffins at school! We have to leave out the nuts when making them at school due to the nut allergies! At school, we take very ripe bananas and freeze them for a couple of days before using them! Thaw them a few hours before baking!
When thawed, cut the bottom off the banana peel and the banana will be nice and mushy and will slide out right into your bowl!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More