- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp liquid egg product
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp oil to cook (estimated used about 2 tsp) olive or canola
- items needed
- 1. large non-stick skillet
- 2. oil sprayer (like a Misto)
- 3. food processor,(small works best)
- 1. Place all ingredients except egg product and almond milk in the food processor and pulse until blended, scrape down and add egg product and almond milk and pulse until smooth.
- 2. Spray or rub a non stick skillet with a cooking oil. Heat to low to medium heat ( not hot). The cake should cook slowly, so it will 'bake' the inside and brown both sides.
- 3. Spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the skillet. Lightly spray the top with cooking oil. cook on medium heat, watching it carefully, so as not to burn.
- 4. When cake has set, flip over if bottom is browned.
- 5. Continue cooking until the topside has browned. It will not be as brown as the bottom.
- 6. Transfer to plate and enjoy plain or with your favorite butter, spread or syrup.
NotesI remember making a pancake with oatmeal and banana back in the mid 90’s but don’t have the recipe anymore. So I am ‘winging it based on what I have and know works for me.
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More