BANANA OATMEAL FLAX BREAKFAST SKILLET CAKE
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp liquid egg product
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp oil to cook (estimated used about 2 tsp) olive or canola
- items needed
- 1. large non-stick skillet
- 2. oil sprayer (like a Misto)
- 3. food processor,(small works best)
1. Place all ingredients except egg product and almond milk in the food processor and pulse until blended, scrape down and add egg product and almond milk and pulse until smooth.
2. Spray or rub a non stick skillet with a cooking oil. Heat to low to medium heat ( not hot). The cake should cook slowly, so it will 'bake' the inside and brown both sides.
3. Spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the skillet. Lightly spray the top with cooking oil. cook on medium heat, watching it carefully, so as not to burn.
4. When cake has set, flip over if bottom is browned.
5. Continue cooking until the topside has browned. It will not be as brown as the bottom.
6. Transfer to plate and enjoy plain or with your favorite butter, spread or syrup.