- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryI was craving pancakes, and not the ready mix ones they sell at the supermarket, i found this recipe online, and decided to go ahead and give it a try. They are beyond delicious, better than any other pancakes i have ever tried, full of good hearty ingredients that keep your full and energized throughout the day.
- 1 C white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 C quick or rolled oats
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 TSP salt
- 1 egg
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1 TBS honey or maple syrup
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups soymilk OR water (depending on whether you like thin or thick pancakes)
- 1 banana, diced
- Cooking spray for pan
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered (optional)
- 1. In a bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, egg, cinnamon, vanilla and honey. Stir in the soymilk to the desired consistency. I like my pancakes to be neither too thin nor too thick, so I added 1 1/4 cups of soy milk. Stir in the bananas.
- 2. Place a skillet on medium heat (I use a square-shaped griddle). After spraying the pan, pour batter into 4-inch diameter circles (using about 1/4 cup of batter).
- 3. While the pancakes are cooking, hand chop the almonds on a cutting board with a sharp knife.
- 4. Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them and cook for another minute or so on the other side until golden brown.