- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 C white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 C quick or rolled oats
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 TSP salt
- 1 egg
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1 TBS honey or maple syrup
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups soymilk OR water (depending on whether you like thin or thick pancakes)
- 1 banana, diced
- Cooking spray for pan
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered (optional)
- 1. In a bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, egg, cinnamon, vanilla and honey. Stir in the soymilk to the desired consistency. I like my pancakes to be neither too thin nor too thick, so I added 1 1/4 cups of soy milk. Stir in the bananas.
- 2. Place a skillet on medium heat (I use a square-shaped griddle). After spraying the pan, pour batter into 4-inch diameter circles (using about 1/4 cup of batter).
- 3. While the pancakes are cooking, hand chop the almonds on a cutting board with a sharp knife.
- 4. Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them and cook for another minute or so on the other side until golden brown.
NotesI was craving pancakes, and not the ready mix ones they sell at the supermarket, i found this recipe online, and decided to go ahead and give it a try. They are beyond delicious, better than any other pancakes i have ever tried, full of good hearty ingredients that keep your full and energized throughout the day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More