- Cooking Time: 1-1and1/4 hours
- Servings: 2-lb loaf
- Preparation Time: approx. 30 min.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground apple pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan and line it with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating after each addition until well combined.
- Peel and then mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add them to the creamed mixture with the chopped pecans.
- Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour and spice together and fold into banana mixture.
- Spoon into the pan and bake for 1 to 1and1/4 hours, or until a skewer comes out of the middle of the loaf clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then invert on a wire rack.
- Remove pan and lining paper and let cool.
NotesI got this recipe from a Vegetarian cook book, and it has quickly become one of my favorites. Every time I make it for a family function, it gets rave reviews. I sometimes substitute the eggs with powdered flax seed and, and it still tastes great. I have also used I can't believe it's not butter and soy butter in place of regular butter and it has worked out fine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More