- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 servings
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you love banana you will love this cake, is really flavorful, and also is a elegant addition to any table.
- 1 pkg. (18oz) spice cake mix
- 1 1/3 cp. water
- 1/3 cp. vegatable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla butter and nut flavoring
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed (1/2 cp.)
- 1 cp. cold whipping cream
- 1/3 cp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg.(3.4 oz pudding and pie filling mix, instant
- 1 1/4 cps. milk, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ripe banana
- 8-10 fresh flowers, stems removed (garnish)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 (8in.) square cake pans, lining bottoms of pans with waxed paper.
- 2.Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, water, and flavoring in med. bowl and beat at med. speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add mashed banana, blend well. Pour into prepared cake pans.
- 3. Bake 30 min. or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.Cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, cool completly on wire racks.
- 4. Place whipping cream in med.bowl; beat at high speed until soft peaks from, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and vanilla;beat until soft peaks form; about 15 seconds.
- 5.Combine cream cheese,pudding mix and 1/4 cp. milk in large bowl; beat at low speed of mixer until well blended. Add remaining 1 cp. milk and nutmeg, increase speed to med. and continue until well blended and smooth.Fold in whipped cream.Cover with plastice wrap; refrigerate until needed.
- 6.Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spoon 34 cp pudding mixture over top.Peel , slice and arrange banana evenly over cake.Top with remaining cake layer and pudding mix
- 7.For garnish cut a 7 inch circle of waxed paper, and lightly spray with cooking spray on both sides, and arrange on cake, resting flowers on circles. Remove before serving.