- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Creme de Cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pureed ripe bananas, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- FOR THE CRUST:
- Combine crumbs, hazelnuts and sugar in a food processor.
- Process until nuts are crumbed.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch springform pan covering the bottom and side of the pan.
- Brown in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- FOR THE GANACHE:
- Bring cream to a simmer pour over chocolate and stir until melted together.
- Pour ganache into bottom of browned crust.
- Spread evenly.
- Place in refrigerator until set.
- FOR THE FILLING:
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, and sugar in mixer.
- Cream until smooth.
- Add eggs and yolks one at a time. Add vanilla and liqueurs.
- Add 1 1/2 cups banana puree mixture.
- Pour filling mixture into chilled crust.
- Put dollops of banana puree on top of fill and then swirl with a wooden skewer or a thin knife. Wrap the bottom of the sprinform pan in aluminum foil so that water cannot leak inches.
- Bake at 350°F degrees in a hot water bath for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and let sit for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serves 12
NotesServe this banana, sour cream and vanilla wafer classic cheesecake with warm caramel sauce, but whipped cream would be nice too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More