- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryServe this banana, sour cream and vanilla wafer classic cheesecake with warm caramel sauce, but whipped cream would be nice too.
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Creme de Cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pureed ripe bananas, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- FOR THE CRUST:
- Combine crumbs, hazelnuts and sugar in a food processor.
- Process until nuts are crumbed.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch springform pan covering the bottom and side of the pan.
- Brown in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- FOR THE GANACHE:
- Bring cream to a simmer pour over chocolate and stir until melted together.
- Pour ganache into bottom of browned crust.
- Spread evenly.
- Place in refrigerator until set.
- FOR THE FILLING:
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, and sugar in mixer.
- Cream until smooth.
- Add eggs and yolks one at a time. Add vanilla and liqueurs.
- Add 1 1/2 cups banana puree mixture.
- Pour filling mixture into chilled crust.
- Put dollops of banana puree on top of fill and then swirl with a wooden skewer or a thin knife. Wrap the bottom of the sprinform pan in aluminum foil so that water cannot leak inches.
- Bake at 350°F degrees in a hot water bath for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and let sit for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serves 12
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!See More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More