BANANA PUDDING SQUARES
- Cooking Time: Ref. at least 3 hours
- Servings: 6 people
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 35 nilla wafers, crushed or whole
- Whole wafers for finished topping.
- 1/4 c margarine, melted (1/2 stick) - 1 pkg philadelphia cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tub cool whip, thawed, divided (8 oz)
- 3 bananas
- 3 c milk cold
- 2 pkg jell-o vanilla or Banana flavored instant pudding (4-serving size each) 1/2 square of baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, grated or shaved.
- COMBINE wafer crumbs and margarine; press firmly onto bottom of 9×13-inch dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling. **I have to double the crust ingredients to get it to cover the bottom of a 9X13 pan.
- MIX (important) cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping; spread carefully onto crust. Set aside. Slice bananas and arrange over cream cheese mixture. POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. Spoon over bananas. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with chocolate.….I like to put a layer of Nilla Wafers on top at the end. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
NotesThe recipe is my own creation. I thought it would be neat to have a banana pudding recipe that you could actually slice to serve. This recipe means alot to me because it gives me pleasure to share and hear the comments of how much my friends enjoyed the recipe. I like this recipe because of the consistency of the ingredients and the wonderful taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More