BANANA PUDDING SQUARES
Banana Pudding Squares
- Cooking Time: Ref. at least 3 hours
- Servings: 6 people
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 35 nilla wafers, crushed or whole
- Whole wafers for finished topping.
- 1/4 c margarine, melted (1/2 stick) - 1 pkg philadelphia cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tub cool whip, thawed, divided (8 oz)
- 3 bananas
- 3 c milk cold
- 2 pkg jell-o vanilla or Banana flavored instant pudding (4-serving size each) 1/2 square of baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, grated or shaved.
COMBINE wafer crumbs and margarine; press firmly onto bottom of 9×13-inch dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling. **I have to double the crust ingredients to get it to cover the bottom of a 9X13 pan.
MIX (important) cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping; spread carefully onto crust. Set aside. Slice bananas and arrange over cream cheese mixture. POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. Spoon over bananas. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with chocolate.….I like to put a layer of Nilla Wafers on top at the end. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.