- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cake ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Filling ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking sheet with reynolds parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray (don't forget to spray the sides).
- Beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Then gradually beat in the sugar until batter is thick and lemon colored. Add in banana and lemon juice and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Fold dry mixture into wet mixture and spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. While cake is baking dust a linen towel with confectioners' sugar.
- Immediately after removing cake from oven turn it onto prepared towel. Peel off the parchment paper and roll the cake up in the towel (starting at short end), let cool.
- While the cake is cooling prepare filling. Add cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice to mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Once cake is cool carefully unroll it. Spread filling onto the cake and top evenly with blueberries. Roll cake back up, cover it, and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
NotesA Platinum Chef challenge on a cooking board that I frequent is what inspired me to create this dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More