- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) + 1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbl. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Banana Cake:
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. + 1/2 c. sugar, divided
- 1/2 c. mashed banana (around 1 large banana)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar (for sprinkling over cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan with butter. Line with parchment paper and grease with butter again, making sure to coat the entire surface and sides of the pan; set aside. For the filling: In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the egg, milk and vanilla and beat until combined. Spread in the prepared pan; set aside.
- For the cake: In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and vanilla on medium speed until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add 1/3 cup of sugar and beat well. Stir in the mashed banana. In a large, clean bowl with clean beaters, beat the egg whites on medium until soft peaks fork (tips curl). Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight) Gently fold yolk mixture into beaten egg whites. Gradually sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over egg mixture and fold together just until blended. Carefully spread the batter evenly over the filling in the pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately loosen cake from sides of pan, sprinkle cake with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Place a wire cooling rack, upside down, on the top of the cake. Carefully pick up both sides of the pan, while holding the rack and flip over. The cake will now be on top of the towel on the cooling rack. Carefully peel off parchment paper. Starting with the short side, roll up cake as tightly as possible (don't roll up the towel with it). Allow to cool completely on wire rack. Slice and serve. Wrap any leftover cake in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More