- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Powdered sugar
- 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 2/3 C. mashed banana (2 medium bananas)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 C. powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 T. butter, softened
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 15×10 inch jelly-roll pan (also known as half sheet pan); line with parchment or waxed paper. Grease and flour paper; set aside. Spread out a clean, thin dish towel on the counter (make sure the towel is larger than your jelly roll pan); sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar (this can be done using a mesh strainer).
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a large bowl combine eggs and sugar; beat until thickened. Add banana; beat until well mixed.
- Stir in flour mixture into egg mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan, easing it carefully to the corners with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert cake onto the prepared towel. Remove pan; carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake in towel while hot, starting with 10-inch side. Cool completely on wire rack (will take at least an hour).
- When cake is almost completely cooled, make the filling: beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- When cake has cooled completely, unroll and spread with filling (or your favorite cream cheese frosting) then re-roll cake. Wrap rolled cake in plastic wrap then refrigerate at least one hour (overnight is best).
- When ready to serve, unwrap cake and place on a platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired (sift the sugar through a small mesh strainer for a nice presentation). Cut into slices.
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More