- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Powdered sugar
- 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 2/3 C. mashed banana (2 medium bananas)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 C. powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 T. butter, softened
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 15×10 inch jelly-roll pan (also known as half sheet pan); line with parchment or waxed paper. Grease and flour paper; set aside. Spread out a clean, thin dish towel on the counter (make sure the towel is larger than your jelly roll pan); sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar (this can be done using a mesh strainer).
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a large bowl combine eggs and sugar; beat until thickened. Add banana; beat until well mixed.
- Stir in flour mixture into egg mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan, easing it carefully to the corners with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert cake onto the prepared towel. Remove pan; carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake in towel while hot, starting with 10-inch side. Cool completely on wire rack (will take at least an hour).
- When cake is almost completely cooled, make the filling: beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- When cake has cooled completely, unroll and spread with filling (or your favorite cream cheese frosting) then re-roll cake. Wrap rolled cake in plastic wrap then refrigerate at least one hour (overnight is best).
- When ready to serve, unwrap cake and place on a platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired (sift the sugar through a small mesh strainer for a nice presentation). Cut into slices.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Lau Family Recipes
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More