- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 45
- 2 cups Tropical Food’s Banana Split®
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 package filo sheets
- Rough chop Banana Split® and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add honey, ½ cup brown sugar, ½ tsp. cinnamon, and ¼ cup melted butter. In between each filo sheet layer, spread some of the remaining melted butter and sprinkle with some of the remaining cinnamon and sugar. Repeat this step four times.
- Cut into six equal squares and place into individual mini muffin tins; repeat this step until you have filled twenty-four mini muffin tins. Fill each muffin slot with the Banana Split® mixture.
- Pinch the individual mini baklavas shut and place in the oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven; drizzle with honey and sprinkle with sugar.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Banana Split Baklava, was created by Meagan Peoples.