- Cooking Time: 60-65
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 2 cans crushed pineapple (8 oz.), drained
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana and pineapple.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, cherries and walnuts. Pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 min. before removing from pans.