- Cooking Time: 60-65
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 2 cans crushed pineapple (8 oz.), drained
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana and pineapple.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, cherries and walnuts. Pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 min. before removing from pans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More