- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed, overly ripe bananas
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Heat oven to 350'. Grease bottom only of loaf pan (9x5x3 inches or 2 loaf pans, 8.5x4.5x2.5)
- Combine all those ingredients in a good sized bowl, using a spoon first until it just starts to come together. Then beat for 30 seconds.
- Pour into pan and bake until wooden toothpick comes out clean, when inserted in the center, which is about 55 - 65 minutes if you're using the single, larger pan. Or 55 - 60 minutes if you're using 2 smaller loaf pans.
NotesI love banana splits. When I saw Bobthedude post a strawberry banana bread recipe on his blog, and also saw Girlichef post a chocolate banana bread on her blog....well, they kinda meshed in my brain and this is what I came up with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The One Dollar Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More