- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed (1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 2 1-oz. squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 to 1 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- Strawberry Ice Cream (optional)
- Let butter and eggs stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bottoms of two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Line bottoms with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Grease and flour; set aside.
- In large bowl beat butter on medium speed 30 seconds; gradually beat in sugar to combine.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In bowl combine banana, sour cream, milk, and vanilla.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and soda. Alternately beat flour mixture and banana mixture into butter mixture on low.
- In small bowl combine 2/3 cup batter, the 1/2 cup strawberry jam, and food coloring.
- In separate bowl combine 2/3 cup batter and melted chocolate.
- Spread plain batter in prepared pans.
- Spoon flavored batters on each plain batter; gently swirl with knife.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on racks 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, peel off paper, cool.
- Place one layer flat side down on plate.
- Top with jam. Stack second layer flat side down.
- Makes 12 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More