BANANA SPLIT CAKE
Banana Split Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix, prepared per pkg directions
- 1 box strawberry Jello
- 1 cup strawberry liquid
- 3-4 bananas, sliced
- 1 pkg frozen strawberries drained with liquid reserved
- 1 large can crushed pineapple drained
- 1-2 small packages vanilla instant pudding, prepared per pkg directions
- 1 pkg Cool Whip
- Nuts, optional
- Maraschino Cherries, optional
- Chocolate syrup, optional
Prepare cake and bake in a 9 x 13 pan.
As cake cools, measure strawberry liquid adding enough water to make 1 cup. Bring to a boil in microwave. Add Jello. Poke holes in the cake. Pour Jello across the cake slowly.
You can stack it anyway you want. I usually put the strawberry layer on next. I would put a very thin layer of pudding over the strawberries, followed by the bananas, and then the rest of the pudding. That kept the bananas between layers of pudding and less likely to turn brown. The next layer is crushed pineapple. Top with Cool Whip (Sometimes, I would stir the pineapple into the Cool Whip.) Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top. Then, sprinkle chopped nuts on top of that. Garnish with cherries. You can also use fudge ice cream topping if you desire as one of the layers