- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2½ c. chocolate pudding
- 1 c. pretzel and saltine crumbs (~ 1 c. mini pretzel twists, 12 saltines, pulsed in a food processor or bashed in a ziptop bag)
- ¾ to 1 c. Nutella, softened slightly in the microwave in 10 second increments until easily spreadable
- 10 smallish strawberries, sliced (or chopped)
- 1 large banana, sliced (or chopped)
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 T. powdered sugar
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 2-3 T. caramel sauce, heated slightly in the microwave in 10-second increments until drizzle-able.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and aerated.
- In another bowl, using a hand mixer or your Kitchen Aid, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Add the cream cheese to the whipped cream and whip until it forms firm peaks. Fold in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread the chocolate pudding in the bottom of an 11×7 rectangular glass dish. Layer on pretzel/saltine crumbs, banana, nutella, strawberries and cream cheese whipped cream. Drizzle on the caramel sauce.
- Serve with corn chips, pretzels, graham crackers, Nilla wafers or other dippers of your choosing.
NotesTraditional seven-layer dip is an old Super Bowl and game day favorite. So why not a dessert 7-layer dip? This version marries chocolate pie, banana Nutella, and strawberries and cream in a dippable dish we'll call Banana Split 7-layer Dip.
Submitted by: "Michelle Jenkins | DailyWaffle"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More