- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ripe banana thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 Tbs. Confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- French Toast:
- 8 slices thin whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 c. 1% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 1/4 c. sugar free syrup
- To make filling:
- Mash 2 rounded Tbs. banana slices in a small bowl with the back of a spoon. (You should have about 2 Tbs. mashed) Stir in Neufchatel, sugar, lemon zest & nutmeg until smooth.
- To make french toast:
- Spread 4 slices bread with the banana filling, dividing evenly. Top with the remaining banana slices & top with remaining bread slices to make 4 sandwiches. Whisk together the milk, egg, egg white & vanilla in a shallow dish or pie plate until well blended. Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture, turning them over with a spatula to coat both sides.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick frying pan or griddle over medium-low heat and coat with cooking spray. Add the sandwiches & cook 4 - 5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, turning with a spatula halfway through the cooking. To keep warm, place on a baking sheet in a preheated 250 oven. Dust with powdered sugar, drizzle with sugar-free syrup, serve hot.
Notes259 calories, 11 g. protein, 41 g. carb. 6 g. fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 3 g. fiber
Diet Exchanges 1 milk, 1 fruit, 1 bread, 1 meat, 1 fat
Carb. choices 3
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More