- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Servings: 24+ Muffins
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 3 1/2 cup Flour (I use half white whole wheat and half whole wheat)
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 3-4 Bananas, mashed (put overripe bananas in the freezer & thaw)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts (a little extra never hurt)
- 1/3 cup Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Place all dry ingredients together then add all wet ingredients.
- There is no wrong way, just don't over beat (by hand or with mixer paddle).
- Fold the walnuts in last.
- No need to use muffin cups if you spray the muffin tin.
- If making muffins, cook @ 350 for 20 minutes (check at 15 due to oven variations), if making bread, lower the oven to 325 and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Let stand in muffin tins for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
NotesMy fondest memory of these muffins was our first visit to the Zoo as a "unit". I packed a bag of these muffins and they were just perfect for a morning walking around looking at the Polar Bears and feeding the Giraffe's!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Babette's Test Kitchen
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More