- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Servings: 24+ Muffins
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 3 1/2 cup Flour (I use half white whole wheat and half whole wheat)
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 3-4 Bananas, mashed (put overripe bananas in the freezer & thaw)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts (a little extra never hurt)
- 1/3 cup Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Place all dry ingredients together then add all wet ingredients.
- There is no wrong way, just don't over beat (by hand or with mixer paddle).
- Fold the walnuts in last.
- No need to use muffin cups if you spray the muffin tin.
- If making muffins, cook @ 350 for 20 minutes (check at 15 due to oven variations), if making bread, lower the oven to 325 and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Let stand in muffin tins for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
NotesMy fondest memory of these muffins was our first visit to the Zoo as a "unit". I packed a bag of these muffins and they were just perfect for a morning walking around looking at the Polar Bears and feeding the Giraffe's!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More