- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- There really isn’t any measuring needed, just go by taste.
- Texas Toast brand bread
- Grape Nut Flakes cereal
- Bananas- mashed lightly with a fork
- Brown sugar
- Mix eggs, vanilla, milk and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Place Grape Nut Flakes cereal in another shallow dish.
- In a bowl combine mashed bananas, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Put banana filling between two pieces of Texas Toast.
- Coat both sides of sandwich in egg mixture then place in cereal.
- Press cereal onto both sides.
- Fry in a buttered, low heat skillet until golden and warmed through.
NotesThis is on the menu at Busick Court in Salem Oregon. I made my version from memory and everyone loves it.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in FilmSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More