- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 175 g butter
- 25 g cocoa
- 175 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 50 g chopped nuts
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 50 g chocolate
- 65 g butter
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 225 g powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk or cream
- Melt 50 g of butter in a saucepan and add cocoa.
- Beat the rest of the butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add eggs and cocoa in the batter, and then flour, nuts, bananas and chocolate (cut every sqare into 6-8 pieces).
- Grease and flour an 18x18 cm baking tin, pour in the batter and bake for about 50-55 mins. It should remain moist.
- Melt chocolate with butter, milk/cream, and cocoa. Stir until it's smooth. Leave to cool and then sift in the powdered sugar. Mix well until smooth and shiney. Pour over the cake.
NotesFor a long time this was the only recipe for brownies that I had. It came from some magazine. I also used the same recipe without bananas.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
The NourishFull Kitchen
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More