- Cooking Time: 45 min.
- Servings: 1 9"*5" loaf
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- Whole wheat flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Baking soda - 1 1/2 tsp.
- Eggs - 2
- Unsalted butter - 5 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Banana puree (freshly mashed banana) - 1 cup
- Walnuts - 1/4 cup
- Preheat over to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add eggs and beat. Add banana puree and beat until well blended. Blend in the flour spoon by spoon. Stir in walnuts with a spatula. Transfer the mixture to loaf pan.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes, until the toothpick inserted at the center of loaf pan come out clean.
- Note: Use the same batter for baking muffins or mini-cupcakes. The baking time for muffins will be lesser that that for the loaf.