BANANAS FOSTER STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbls. banana liqueur (optional)
- 1 loaf rustic french bread or cinnamon raisin bread, not sliced
- Whisk together vanilla, eggs and milk, set aside.
- In a saute pan, melt butter. Add cinnamon and brown sugar, stirring over medium high heat until sugar dissolves. Stir in liqueur. Slice bananas lengthwise and then in half and add to sauce. Over low heat, cook until bananas are softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a saute pan greased with butter or cooking spray. Slice loaf into 4 inch pieces and slice a pocket into the center of each slice, making sure not to cut all the way through. Fill pocket with one banana piece and a bit of sauce. Dunk stuffed bread into egg mixture and place into pan. Continue until all bread is stuffed and coated. Cook french toast over medium heat for a few minutes on each side, until browned.
- Serve with extra bananas and sauce over the top.
- *Note: To make this dish for a larger crowd, it is far easier to prepare everything ahead of time. You can stuff and dip the french toast and refrigerate for a few hours in a casserole. This way when you are ready to serve, you simply need to cook the toast. Extra sauce can be refrigerated and reheated in a saucepan before serving.
NotesThis is my absolute favorite recipe for a romantic brunch or breakfast. It's sweet, rich, and a bit unexpected. It may be a little messy for breakfast in bed, but that's up to you and your honey!
French toast for 2:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More