- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- Vinalla Wafer-Crumb Crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups milk
- 5 Large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine,cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ripe medium bananas
- 3/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
- Prepare Vanilla Wafer-Crumb Crust as directed.Cool completely,
- Meanwhile,prepare filling:In 3-quarts saucepan,combine sugar,cornstarch,and salt;stir in milk.Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly,until mixture has thickened and boils;boil 1 minute. In small bowl,with wire whisk,lightly beat egg yolks;beat in 1/2 cup hot milk mixture .Slowly pour egg-yolk mixture back into milk,stirring rapidly to prevent curdling.Cook over low heat,stirring constantly,until mixture has thickened,about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.Add butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla;stir until butter melts .Transfer to medium bowl.Pess plastic wrap onto surface to prevent skin from forming .Refrigerate,stirring occasionally,until cool,about 1 hour.
- Slice 2 bananas crosswise.Spoon half of filling into crust.Arrange sliced bananas on top;spoon remaining filling evenly over bananas.Press plastic wrap onto surface;refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- To serve,prepare topping:In small bowl,with mixer at medium speed,beat cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted;spread over filling. Slice remaining banana;arrange around edge of pie.
Austin Personal Training Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More