BANGIN' BANANA BREAD
Bangin' Banana Bread
- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: One Delicious Loaf
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup warmed butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit (or 175 Celsius).
-Wash your hands. Don't dawdle.
-Coat the inner area of a bread pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Bring the butter to room temperature, or place in the microwave
for 30 seconds...do not use a metal bowl, your last name isn't
Tesla. Use a huge coffee cup or small porcleain bowl.
- Mash the hell out of four bananas, show no mercy, cackle as you
hear them perish until they are nothing but a creamed and slightly
lumped substance. Don't mind the lumps, they are your friend.
- Add in the butter egg, vanilla, honey, salt, baking soda and almonds. Mix it all
together with a vengeance.
- Add in flour, mix. Now go wash your hands, and knead the
dough. Yes, touch it. Poke and prod at it until it becomes one large
lump of goop. Knead it like you want to get to third base.
- Place dough into pan, spreading it evenly. Don't be a brute,
handle the dough like it's the last bite of a really good sandwich
you don't get to have often.
- Open oven door, place on center rack, shut oven door.
Bake for one hour. When done, remove from oven using a thick
(and clean!) towel. Turn pan upside down, place hot loaf onto
cooling rack. Wait until it's not too hot to eat. Slice, spread butter
over slices, enjoy. Add coffee, huzzah!
It wasn't until the day I had my first bite of banana bread that I'd think bananas were good for anything else other than being fried or eaten in the form of pudding. That. Was. A. Glooooorious day. I loved it...so much that I ate the entire loaf myself in about two days. :D I wrote this recipe with fun in mind, so if there's any offense to the instructions let me know. I -do- mean well, after all. <3
Enjoy! Let me know if you used this recipe, I'd love feedback on it!
***The recipe for this is also on my blog, which is linked here!***