- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 100g butter softned
- 140g light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 100g walnuts chopped
- 2 ripe bannas mashed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 225g self raising flour
- takes 1 1/4 hours serves 12 slices
- preheat oven to 180c gas 4 or fan oven 160c.
- Butter and line a 1kg loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs.
- Set aside 25g walnuts, then fold the rest into the creamed mixture with the bannas and milk
- fold in the flour.
- spoon mixture into tin and sprinkle the top with the walnuts that were put aside.
- Bake for 55-60 mins until risen, stand for 10 mins, then turn out remove the lining paper leave to cool.
- One of my best friends favourite recipes