- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cup warm milk (105-115 F)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the milk, yeast and sugar.
- Let stand ten minutes or until foamy.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups of the flour, melted butter and kosher salt.
- Add as much of the remaining flour as is needed to make a smooth dough and knead for about ten minutes right in the bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise 1.5-2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Dived dough into 12 roughly equal portions and flatten each into about a 4 inch round.
- Let rise on baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal for 30 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with kosher salt, poppy seeds or whatever you desire.
- Transfer to a baking stone and bake 7-8 minutes or until the top begins to brown slightly.
NotesPerfect for sandwiches or toasted for breakfast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More