- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cup warm milk (105-115 F)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the milk, yeast and sugar.
- Let stand ten minutes or until foamy.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups of the flour, melted butter and kosher salt.
- Add as much of the remaining flour as is needed to make a smooth dough and knead for about ten minutes right in the bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise 1.5-2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Dived dough into 12 roughly equal portions and flatten each into about a 4 inch round.
- Let rise on baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal for 30 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with kosher salt, poppy seeds or whatever you desire.
- Transfer to a baking stone and bake 7-8 minutes or until the top begins to brown slightly.
NotesPerfect for sandwiches or toasted for breakfast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More