- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash of ground cloves
- 2 cans (31 ounces each) pork and beans
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with onion, green pepper and celery until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain fat.
- Stir in borwn sugar, ketchup, ginger and cloves. Add beans and mix well. Spoon into 2½ quart casserole. Bake uncovered at 350º for 1 to 1½ hours or until beans are as thick as you desire. 8 to 10 servings
NotesThis could also be a main dish since you are using ground beef.