- Cooking Time: 1. Combine the first 8 i
- Servings: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you have trouble getting the chicken mixture to roll into balls, chill it for up to 30 minutes or add another 1/4 cup of crumbs.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2/3 cup corn-bread crumbs or bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small onion, grated and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (we like Trader Joe's)
- 1. Combine the first 8 ingredients. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- 2. Place the oil in a wide frying pan. Add the meatballs and brown them on all sides until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Add the barbecue sauce. Cook until it reduces and sticks to the meatballs, about 1 minute. Serve.
- When making meatballs, keep a bowl of water nearby to dunk your hands in, so the mixture doesn't stick to your hands.