- Cooking Time: 1. Combine the first 8 i
- Servings: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2/3 cup corn-bread crumbs or bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small onion, grated and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (we like Trader Joe's)
- 1. Combine the first 8 ingredients. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- 2. Place the oil in a wide frying pan. Add the meatballs and brown them on all sides until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Add the barbecue sauce. Cook until it reduces and sticks to the meatballs, about 1 minute. Serve.
- When making meatballs, keep a bowl of water nearby to dunk your hands in, so the mixture doesn't stick to your hands.
NotesIf you have trouble getting the chicken mixture to roll into balls, chill it for up to 30 minutes or add another 1/4 cup of crumbs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More