- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or brown sugar substitute to equal 2 tablespoons
- 3 teaspoons worchestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh green beans
- Brown bacon in a skillet until crisp, remove and crumble.
- Set aside.
- Saute onions in skillet until soft.
- To save fat calories use a clean skillet sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Place green beans in slow cooker. Combine ketchup, brown sugar (or substitute), worchestershire sauce and salt.
- Stir into bacon and onions.
- Pour mixture over green beans and mix lightly.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- This recipe can also be prepared using canned green beans, the mixture can be poured into a 9x13 baking pan and baked, uncovered for 20 minutes at 350'F
NotesThis is prepared in a slow cooker. Alternate cooking instructions at end of recipe.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More