- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 lbs shredded pork with barbecue sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2. Bring pork in BBQ sauce to a slow simmer on stove top
- 3. In mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg, salt, black pepper Mix until smooth and put aside
- 4. Combine shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- 5. Put aside.
- 6. Boil 6 quarts of water, add pinch of salt, and cook pasta Rinse in cold water
- 7. Coat bottom of a 10”x14”x3” baking pan with sauce
- 8. Next one layer of lasagna
- 9. Spread evenly over lasagna a layer of pork and sauce
- 10. Next spread a layer of ricotta mixture
- 11. Sprinkle on mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- 12. Repeat layering.
- 13. On the top layer, top with remaining ricotta
- 14. Then thin layer of pulled pork
- 15. Lightly sprinkling with cheese
- 16. Save some cheese to top during the last 5 minutes of cooking
- 17. Bake for approximately 45 minutes until bubbly
- 18. Remove from oven, let sit for 15 minutes
- 19. Cut and serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!
NotesI smoke a 6-10 lb Boston Butt ahead of time slicing off some for a diner and then pulling the rest for pulled pork sandwiches and of course BBQ Lasagna. If you’re accustomed to pulled pork you are ahead of the game or there are many pulled pork recipes online. Too much work? There are ready made pork alternatives in most grocery stores. Same for BBQ sauce there are good recipes on the web or use your favorite store bought brand. I guess I use about 2 lbs of pork in the Lasagna. Mix sauce with pulled pork in a sauce pan and bring it to a slow simmer so it will spread easily.
Submitted by: "Pat Cullinan"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More