- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI use a Big Green Egg to cook all my grilled meats and vegetables. It can maintain a lower temperature for hours and prevents burning like some other grills. I normally cook pork ribs for 3-4 hours and they are great.
- 2 sides pork ribs
- apple cider vinegar
- Cut the ribs in half making 4 pieces which works better on my grill than two large pieces.
- Heat the coals on the grill and have temperature about 250 degrees.
- Soak some wood chips in water and let stand until grill is ready.
- I use a combination of hickory, pecan, and red oak chips.
- Before cooking any kind of pork, prepare the meat by rinsing under running water, dry with paper towel.
- Place meat in a large dish and sprinkle with vinegar.
- Use enough to cover the ribs and have a little left in the bottom of the dish.
- Then, apply a moderate amount of salt and black pepper over all surfaces.
- The salt & pepper will flavor the meat and the excess will have cooked off by the time it is done.
- When the grill is ready, add the pork and pour the remaining vinegar in the dish over the meat. I apply a mopping sauce (See my recipe which is included in my cookbook) every 30 minutes turning the meat each time I baste.
- When preparing Barbecue on the grill, DO NOT use any barbecue sauce until the last 20-30 minutes of cooking. The sauce will burn.