- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds beef for stew
- 1 1/2 pounds pork cubes
- 2 Cups chopped onion
- 3 green peppers -- chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce -- 6 oz
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 hard rols -- 6 inch
- lettuce leaves
- chopped tomato
- About 8 1/2 hours before serving, in a 3 to 5 qt slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except rolls, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on high 8 hours.
- With wire whisk, stir mixture until meat is shredded.
- To serve, line hard rolls with lettuce leaves, fill with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomato.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More