- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds beef for stew
- 1 1/2 pounds pork cubes
- 2 Cups chopped onion
- 3 green peppers -- chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce -- 6 oz
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 hard rols -- 6 inch
- lettuce leaves
- chopped tomato
- About 8 1/2 hours before serving, in a 3 to 5 qt slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except rolls, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on high 8 hours.
- With wire whisk, stir mixture until meat is shredded.
- To serve, line hard rolls with lettuce leaves, fill with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomato.
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More