- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 ½ lbs. pork loin back ribs
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ cup cola
- 1 ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Spray inside of 4- to 5-quart Crock-Pot slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs. Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt; rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4 inch pieces. Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker. Pour cola over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender. Remove ribs from slow cooker. Drain and discard liquid.
- Poor barbecue sauce into shallow bowl. Dip ribs into sauce. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour any remaining sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low heat setting 1 hour.
- I don't use liquid smoke. I used a couple of shakes of worcestershire sauce and soy sauce worcestershire.
NotesThese ribs are an adaptation of several recipes I found from my mother's to the internet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More