- Cooking Time: 105
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided, optional
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until ribs are just tender. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauces, ketchup, honey and remaining liquid smoke if desired.
- Drain ribs and transfer to grill. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, basting both sides several times with sauce, for 8-10 minutes or until ribs are tender and well-glazed.
NotesThis recipe came about by accident, some one was making ribs for company and discovered, didn't have enough sauce. Combined the ingredients on hand and came up with this special sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Gluten-Free and Delicious
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More