- Cooking Time: 105
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided, optional
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until ribs are just tender. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauces, ketchup, honey and remaining liquid smoke if desired.
- Drain ribs and transfer to grill. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, basting both sides several times with sauce, for 8-10 minutes or until ribs are tender and well-glazed.
NotesThis recipe came about by accident, some one was making ribs for company and discovered, didn't have enough sauce. Combined the ingredients on hand and came up with this special sauce.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
DIY Tasty Gift IdeasSee More
Joe's Omelet Supreme
Douglas' Christmas Chili
Mushroom, Potato and Smoked Gouda ChowderSee More