- Cooking Time: 4 to 6 hours
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1½ lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16-oz) cans pork and beans
- 1 (16-oz) can butter beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until crumbly; drain.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is cooked and onion is browned; drain.
- 3. Combine the cooked ground beef, bacon, and onion with the remaining ingredients in a crock-pot, mixing well. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- * Note: If you don’t have a crock-pot or slow cooker you could also combine the ingredients in a Dutch oven and cook on the stovetop over low heat or in a 300 degree F oven for the specified time, checking on it and stirring occasionally.
NotesAn old family recipe that's perfect for picnics, potlucks and football parties!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More