- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3-4 pound) boneless chuck roast
In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Place chuck roast in a slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over chuck roast. Cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Remove chuck roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to the slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Continue cooking approximately 1 hour.