- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3-4 pound) boneless chuck roast
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over chuck roast. Cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chuck roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to the slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Continue cooking approximately 1 hour.
NotesI dug through my recipe box to find something easy that I could make in the crock pot. The only thing differently that I did was to get a different cut of meat---so it is sliced rather than shredded. This disappeared over the course of the day, as we waited for relatives to come in for the weekend.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, Satisfying
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More