- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2-3 lb. beef brisket
- Onion salt
- Celery salt
- Garlic powder
- 2-1/4 oz. (half large bottle) Liquid Smoke
- 2-1/2 oz. Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle both sides of brisket well with seasoning salts and powder.
- Pour the Liquid Smoke over the meat, cover, and marinate over night, turning once.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce over the meat.
- Cover and bake about 5 hours at 275 degrees.
- Brush barbecue sauce on meat and bake one hour more.
- Great served with baked beans, coleslaw and some apple pie.
NotesI was given this recipe when we lived in Texas many years ago, and it's the only brisket recipe I use.