- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tbs cider vinegar
- 1 tbs ready-made white horseradish
- 2 tsp firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat broiler, heat a charcoal grill until coals form white ash, or preheat gas grill to medium.
- To prepare sauce, in a small saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, horseradish, brown sugar, garlic, and thyme. Mix well. Bring to boil over medium-low heat. Cook stirring frequently, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pepper.
- Brush tops of chicken pieces lightly with sauce. Place on chicken, sauce-side down, on a foil-lined broiler pan or grill rack. Brush other sides lightly with sauce.
- Broil or grill 3 inched from heat basting with remaining sauce and turning until no longer pink in the center, about 5-7 minutes per side. Let chicken stand 5 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More