- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lb. lean ground beef
- 1-12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 C. oatmeal
- 1 C. cracker or bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 C. ketchup
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic poder
- 1 C. chopped onion
- Combine meatball ingredients and shape into balls. Mixture will be soft.
- Place on single layer on wax paper on cookie sheets and freeze until solid.
- Store in freezer bag until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, place frozen meatballs in 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Combine sauce ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Makes about 80 meatballs.
NotesThis is a great potluck dish because it makes so much. The great thing about this dish is that you make the meatballs up ahead of time, freeze them, and then take them out and finish the recipe when you need them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More