- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lb. lean ground beef
- 1-12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 C. oatmeal
- 1 C. cracker or bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 C. ketchup
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic poder
- 1 C. chopped onion
- Combine meatball ingredients and shape into balls. Mixture will be soft.
- Place on single layer on wax paper on cookie sheets and freeze until solid.
- Store in freezer bag until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, place frozen meatballs in 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Combine sauce ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Makes about 80 meatballs.
NotesThis is a great potluck dish because it makes so much. The great thing about this dish is that you make the meatballs up ahead of time, freeze them, and then take them out and finish the recipe when you need them.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More