- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Preparation Time: 4 hrs 15 mins
- For marinating:
- 3 ½ tablespoons plain yogurt whisked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala*
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon green chili finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 14-16 oz. paneer cut into 12 uniform rectangular pieces*
- 1 small onion cut into about 1 ½ inch wedges
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 ½ inch long pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 ½ inch long pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- As needed – oil for grilling
- 1 tablespoon Chat masala*
- Mix all the marinating ingredients in bowl. Add paneer pieces and mix gently. Marinate for four hours at room temperature.
- Just before cooking, mix all the vegetables with oil and salt in bowl.
- Arrange into skewers, alternating vegetables with paneer.
- Barbecue 2-3 minutes each side. Apply oil as needed to prevent sticking to the grill.
- Remove from skewers and lightly sprinkle with Chat masala.
- *Available in Indian stores or see From Mom with love… for Paneer and Garam Masala recipe.
- TLC Tips:
- -Can be marinated in the fridge overnight. Remove from fridge 2 hours before barbecuing.
- -For a vegan version, substitute extra firm tofu for paneer
- -The paneer tends to stick to the grill. Use a skewer rack to elevate the paneer pieces from the grill
- -Alternately, use electric griddle to cook. About 2-3 minutes each side
- -The paneer pieces tend to rotate on themselves while being cooked. To prevent this, use two parallel skewers about ½ inch apart
NotesHere is a simple, delicious, healthy and fun treat Paneer Tikka masalai From the Indian Recipe book "From Mom with Love…" originally a collection of hand written manuscripts by a loving mother, Pushpa Bhargava for her own children, who were growing up in America, is the complete guide to Indian cooking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More