- Cooking Time: 8 - 10 hours
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 1 boneless pork should or butt roast (3 - 4 pounds), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- sandwich rolls
- Combine salt, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl; rub over roast.
- Place onion and bell pepper in slow cooker; add pork.
- Combine barbecue sauce and brown sugar in medium bowl; pour over meat.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours
- Transfer roast to cutting board to trim and discard any fat from the roast.
- Using two forks, pull pork into course shreds (I did this while roast was still in the cooker as it had already started to come apart.
- Serve pork with sauce on sandwich rolls.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLI
Banana TrifleSee More