- Cooking Time: 8 - 10 hours
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 1 boneless pork should or butt roast (3 - 4 pounds), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- sandwich rolls
- Combine salt, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl; rub over roast.
- Place onion and bell pepper in slow cooker; add pork.
- Combine barbecue sauce and brown sugar in medium bowl; pour over meat.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours
- Transfer roast to cutting board to trim and discard any fat from the roast.
- Using two forks, pull pork into course shreds (I did this while roast was still in the cooker as it had already started to come apart.
- Serve pork with sauce on sandwich rolls.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Koken met Oma
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More